The Independent Book Publishing Association is making plans for their popular Publishing University aimed at independent publishers as well as authors interested in publishing their own work. The 2020 Publishing University will take place in Redondo Beach, California, in April. The multi-day event covers everything from editing to marketing. Registration opens September 1, 2019.
To be held in the Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach and Marina Hotel from April 2-4, 2020, the event is expected to draw hundreds of independent publishers and authors from across the country together. Each year IBPA grants a number of scholarships for those publishers who would like to attend but can’t afford the fees.
If interested in the 2020 Publishing University, here’s some deadlines courtesy of IBPA:
- September 1, 2019: IBPA Publishing University 2020 registration opens
- October 1, 2019: IBPA Publishing University 2020 Call for Speakers application closes
- November 30, 2019: IBPA Publishing University 2020 scholarship application closes
- December 15, 2019: Complimentary hotel night raffle closes
- February 15, 2020: IBPA Publishing University 2020 program announced
- March 11, 2020: Discounted hotel room block closes
Learn more at IBPA website: