Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association is currently scheduling author appearances for the 2016 PNBA Tradeshow to be held September 30 to October 2 at Hotel Murano in Tacoma, WA. The organization has slots for 100 author appearances as detailed below. Expected in attendance is 225 booksellers representing 85 independent bookstores or small chains located in the Pacific Northwest. The show also is attended by Northwest librarians and publishers.
Proposals for author appearances should be sent via email to Tradeshow Director, Greg Holmes: email@example.com, with links to author website, publisher listing, and relevant reviews, blurbs, or recommendations. All proposals must be received by June 3.
The list of proposed authors will be submitted to PNBA’s Bookseller Selection Committee, which will return a prioritized list by June 10. PNBA staff will begin sending invitations the week of June 13.
Publicists may request authors be featured at specific events, but invitations will be influenced by Selection Committee rankings as well as PNBA commitment to providing a wide variety of authors at each event. Finished books or ARCs may be helpful in the selection process. Please address such shipments to:
Fall Show Author Proposals
Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association
338 West 11th Avenue, Suite #108
Eugene, OR 97401-3062
* Four spots, Dinner at the Kid’s Table, Friday, September 30
* Four spots, Book & Author Breakfast, Saturday, October 1
* Four spots, Book & Author Breakfast, Sunday, October 2
These keynote opportunities are intended for established and rapidly-rising regional and national talents. PNBA member bookseller input will be heavily considered in determining these lineups.
(Publishers donate at least 150 pre-signed books or ARCs, and pay a $600* promo fee, per author.)
* Twenty spots for nationally and NW-known authors to meet with booksellers over dinner at the annual Feast of Authors. Authors will rotate through six tables of booksellers, spending 15 minutes with each group, Saturday evening, October 1.
(Publishers donate at least 150 books or ARCs, and pay a $400* promo fee, per author.)
RESERVATIONS FOR TEN
* Ten spots for relatively new authors from the PNBA member region who will be given five minutes to speak at the Authors on the Map Education Day luncheon, Friday, September 30. Participating authors must be open to visiting PNBA member stores.
(Publishers donate at least 75 copies of each book and pay a $250* promo fee, per author.)
AUTOGRAPHING THE NIGHT AWAY
* Twenty authors will be featured at The Nightcapper, capping off the first day of the show, Friday, September 30, 8:30 – 10:00 pm. This lively wine and dessert reception is a perfect venue for showcasing an author’s personality–a great opportunity to show attendees what kind of event an author might produce in a store or library.
* Twenty authors will be featured at the Sweet & Greet, Saturday, October 1, 8:30 – 10:00 pm, following the Author Feast. Authors and attendees will enjoy meeting and conversing over dessert and coffee.
(Publishers donate 75-100 copies of each book and pay a $225* promo fee, per author for each event.)
SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO
* Ten authors with new books due in early 2017 will be invited to speak at the show’s final author event, Hold On, I’m Coming, a lunch presentation on the show floor, Sunday, October 2.
(Publishers donate at least 75 ARCs and pay a $250* promo fee, per author.)
* Author promotion fees for confirmed appearances will be billed prior to the show. Drayage and any additional fees related to show promotion accrued during the show will be billed in the weeks following the show.