The organizers of Wordstock: Portland’s Book Festival have added a number of events during and around November 7. Tickets for workshops and events happening at the Portland Art Museum are selling fast. Updates to the schedule include:
- 65 pop-up readings and musical performances will take place throughout the Portland Art Museum galleries during the festival. (This is in addition to the 40+ on-stage author events.)
- Chefs Bonnie Morales (Kachka), Priscilla Umeda (Sur La Table Cooking Classes), and Chris Carriker (Bluehour Restaurant) will join author Mark Schatzker (The Dorito Effect) OPB’s Think Out Loud: Food and Flavor event with Dave Miller.
- Singer-songwriter of The Decemberists’ and author of the Wildwood Chronicles, Colin Meloy, will join OPB’s Oregon Art Beat and State of Wonder events during the festival.
- Northwest Film Center, Back Fence PDX, and Live Wire Radio are presenting events with Wordstock authors the evening before the festival (Friday, November 6) and the evening of the festival (Saturday, November 7).
- The inaugural Lit Crawl Portland, a collaboration between Wordstock and San Francisco’s Litquake Foundation, includes 18 literary events taking place immediately after the festival at venues across SE Portland’s Industrial District