The Independent Book Publishers Association offers a webinar for members in April: “Jump On the Ebook Bandwagon: Ebook Conversion and Distribution Basics – with Adam Salomone”
This webinar covers:
* Insight into the major ebook conversion vendors, what they offer, and what they charge.
* The types of questions you should ask when courting an ebook conversion house.
* The benefit (or lack thereof) of pairing both your ebook conversion and distribution.
* The steps involved in the ebook conversion process and the quality assurance process.
* Whether it makes sense to handle electronic distribution in-house, and whether it’s even possible.
Join Adam Salomone, Associate Publisher of The Harvard Common Press, as he walks through the process that HCP used as a small publisher to get their 140 title backlist converted and distributed to all the major platforms. And also learn the decision steps that went into charting a course to successful ebook implementation.
This webinar will be offered to IBPA members on April 25, 2012 – 11:00 am PST/ 2:00 pm EST.
The seminar cost is $39 for IBPA members and includes the hour-long seminar with participation Q & A, three free playbacks and the Power Point presentation to keep and review. Book Publishers Northwest members can join IBPA for a discounted price: please contact them to learn more about this webinar and other services for publishers.