IBPA announced that a record number of eighteen Publishing University scholarships for a total value of close to $10,000 have been awarded to two at-large and sixteen deserving members of eleven affiliates. The BPNW scholarship was awarded to Miryam Gordon of Green Elms Press.
“The all-new upcoming Publishing University promises to be the best yet,” said Florrie Binford Kichler, President of IBPA. “With every topic from marketing with social media to publicity that separates your book from the crowd to the back-by-popular-demand “Speed-dating the Distributors,” we are certain this year’s University’s will meet its overarching goal–to help publishers sell more books. Take a look at the Publishing University website for details and I’m sure you’ll agree.”
IBPA’s Publishing University, May 24-25, New York
“I learned so much at IBPA’s Publishing University and was so impressed with the workshops and the facilitators. Everyone was helpful and accessible. It was an experience that has propelled me to another level with my publishing company.”—Deborah Bellis, Reflections Publishing, Inc.
Publishing University 2010: Transitions-How to Start, Grow and Succeed in Publishing’s New World
* Seth Godin, author of 12 bestselling books and called by American Way magazine “America’s Greatest Marketer,” will bring his unique style and no-holds barred vision to independent book publishers as the luncheon keynote speaker.
* Dominique Raccah, Publisher and founder of Sourcebooks, Inc., a company whose name is synonymous with “innovation” and that has grown from one room in 1987 to a multi-million dollar independent publishing company, will kick off the opening day.
* PW’s Fast Growing Indies Roundtable. You’d spend thousands for consulting elsewhere—here at IBPA’s Publishing University you’ll be elbow-to-elbow with publishing leaders who have grown exponentially in the middle of a recession. Find out how they did it!
* Emagination: What’s Now and What’s Next in Ebooks. The e-revolution is upon us—what do you need to know to come out on top? Join a panel of digital pioneers and industry prophets who will weigh in on a host of e-issues that will help you formulate your publishing company’s e-strategy right now.
* Totally new tracks are customized to your publishing experience level and taught by experts whose professionalism and knowledge are unrivalled in the industry:
For those new to publishing and those trying to decide the best path to take.
MAKING A LIVING
For those who have started a company and need strategies for profitable publishing.
GROWING YOUR BUSINESS
For established publishers poised for growth
For more details, visit www.thepublishinguniversity.com or call IBPA at 310-372-2732.