The following information is provided by Tom Masters. For a complete PDF of his Blog Tour presentation, please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
a blog tour is . . .
guest appearances of you and/or your book, on one or more relevant blogs, during a time close to the launch of your title.
• the blogosphere is big, with most topics & audiences represented
• blogs tend to be audience and/or topic focused
• topic / audience related blogs tend to link to each other, increasing reach
• blog “reach”is measurable
• virtual, no travel
• advertise on your book site the blog(s) you’ll be a guest on
• light coordination
• exposure not limited by geography or time
• sell via links to online book sellers or publisher site
blog tour tools
• template contact letters
• tracking spreadsheet
• author bio & photo
• book cover art & book description
• author statement
• sample interview
• purchase links & info
• Blogs may have varying requirements
• Blog owners may be slow to respond
• Allow time to publicize your blog tour
• The number of blogs you contact depends on the availability of high traffic and high authority blogs in your topic space
publicize your blog tour
• online press releases
• blog or book web site
• blog touring takes time: research alone can be 4-8 hours per audience
• typical response rates from blog owners are about 20-25%
• not all comments will be favorable
For more information
Orion Wellspring, Inc.
BPNW respectfully asks others to honor Masters’ copyright on this material and to ask permission before reproducing.